The health and safety of our delegates are of the utmost importance to us. Our Emergency Response Plan has been activated as we closely monitor developments in the Novel Coronavirus situation. Our approach is to follow the World Health Organization (WHO) and local authorities’ recommendations. At this juncture, no concern has been raised with Vienna, Austria and there is no travel or trade restrictions in this region. We are preparing to welcome the delegates of SmartMetro and are looking forward to seeing you all in Vienna. All necessary precautions will be taken to provide a safe and conducive business environment to our delegates.
We have implemented the following measures and guidelines. We kindly ask you to follow these to ensure the wellbeing of our fellow attendees.
• On arrival, you will have to show proof of either a vaccination certificate, negative COVID-19 test (PCR Test – valid for 48 hours) or a valid certificate proving you have had COVID-19.
• All attendees will be temperature checked on arrival. If your temperature is above 37.6, then you may be escorted to our testing site for another reading.
• Masks are not mandatory but we advise you to wear masks when in the hotel common area if you feel comfortable doing so.
• Sanitizer stations are prominently placed throughout the hotel and conference area – please sanitize your hands as regularly as you can.
• At registration, contact details must be provided in case of a COVID-19 outbreak.
• We politely advise you to keep physical greetings to a minimum.
How can I register and book my Pass?
You can register and book here.
Where is SmartMetro taking place?
SmartMetro is taking place at the stunning Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere.
How can I collect my Pass?
Can I apply for a Press Pass?
You can apply for a Press Pass by emailing email@example.com
Am I eligible for a free Pass?
Free Passes are exclusively for direct employees of Rail & Metro Operators as well as Government employees.
When can I start setting up my Exhibition space?
What is the cancellation policy for COVID-19?
At Railway Gazette, our employees, customers and partners are our highest priorities. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will put in place precautionary measures to keep our customers, colleagues and employees safe in line with Public Health England, UK Government and WHO’s guidelines at that appropriate time. It is our intention to hold SmartMetro and we will continue to monitor the evolving situation and provide updates as we have them.
If the unfortunate happens and restrictions force us to postpone the event, then we will re-issue your ticket for the next edition of SmartMetro or give you a full refund. We appreciate your flexibility and support during this time, and our thoughts remain with everyone affected by the COVID-19 situation.
What time does the Conference start?
Monday 18 October
Workshop day: 1.30pm - 6pm
Tuesday 19 October
Conference Day 1: 8am - 6pm
Wednesday 20 October:
Conference Day 2: 8am - 5pm
How can I book my accommodation?
Single room: €225 inc breakfast
Double room: €255 inc breakfast
Can I attend the Cocktail reception?
We are hosting two Cocktail receptions on Monday 18 October & Tuesday 19 October. Please check your Pass to see which reception you can attend.
When will the Speaker's VIP dinner take place?
The Speaker's VIP dinner will take place Monday 18 October. This is an invitation only event.